Building Communities of Mindful Resilience and Recovery
The first step can be the hardest one on the journey to recovery and building resilience. We have many pathways:
- Our Practice Library hosts videos and other valuable resources to help explore the Five Tools of Mindful Resilience: Breathing, Meditation, Mindful Movement, Guided Rest and Gratitude.
- We now have Daily Live Online Streaming Classes! Check our VYP Studio for schedule.
- Free classes are available all over the country for our military support networks, caregivers and first-responders taught by graduates of the Mindful Resilience Training for Trauma Recovery.
- We offer Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery Training scholarships to veterans, family members, and caregivers.
- We have developed a new course based on the specific challenges that face caregivers, family members, clinicians, and first responders called Mindful Resilience for Compassion Fatigue. This prepares individuals to keep doing this important work in their communities while prioritizing their own health and self-care.
Caregivers, family members, and first-responders face specific challenges which may result in Compassion Fatigue. At Veterans Yoga Project, we understand how difficult it can be to access tools and find community who understand these hardships.
Awareness. Acceptance. Action.
Working in partnership with veterans, active duty military personnel, student veterans’ organizations, and other nonprofit organizations, VYP-trained instructors teach free yoga classes and self-regulation skills to veterans and their families. Our Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery Training and Mindful Resilience for Compassion Fatigue programs consist of five tools: Breath, Meditation, Mindful Movement, Guided Rest, and Gratitude. These practices are adapted and delivered to maximize their ability to undo nervous system dysfunctions that underlie symptoms of stress-related conditions. Learn about how we are empowering caregivers, clinicians, family members, and first responders to bring these skills to their communities.