Building Communities of Mindful Resilience and Recovery
The first step can be the hardest one on the journey to recovery and building resilience. We have many pathways:
- Our Practice Library hosts videos and other valuable resources to help explore the Five Tools of Mindful Resilience: Breathing, Meditation, Mindful Movement, Guided Rest and Gratitude.
- We now have Daily Live Online Streaming Classes! Check our VYP Studio for schedule.
- Free classes are available all over the country for veterans, military and their support networks, taught by graduates of the Mindful Resilience Training for Trauma Recovery.
- We offer Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery Training scholarships to veterans, family members, and caregivers.
- VYP offers a 200-hour yoga teacher training program. For more information see our Mindful Resilience Yoga Teacher Training page.
The transition to civilian life can be daunting. As veterans ourselves, we understand how difficult it can be to access tools and find community after separating from the military.
Awareness. Acceptance. Action.
Working in partnership with veterans, active duty military personnel, student veterans’ organizations, and other nonprofit organizations, VYP-trained instructors teach free yoga classes and self-regulation skills to veterans and their families. Our Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery Training and Mindful Resilience for Compassion Fatigue programs consist of five tools: Breath, Meditation, Mindful Movement, Guided Rest, and Gratitude. These practices are adapted and delivered to maximize their ability to undo nervous system dysfunctions that underlie symptoms of stress-related conditions. Learn about how we are empowering veterans to bring these skills to their communities.