Interested in Becoming A Yoga Teacher with Veterans Yoga Project?
Yoga teachers provide a vital role in fulfilling our mission. We train yoga teachers, yoga therapists, clinicians, and others within our community with the special skill set necessary to work with those who are recovering from stress-related mental health challenges. We call it “Mindful Resilience”.
We would love to welcome you to one of our upcoming Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery Trainings for yoga teachers and health care professionals.
We also offer a very popular Yoga Alliance accredited 200hr yoga teacher training, made especially for veterans to bring tools of Mindful Resilience and Recovery into their communities.
All of our VYP classes are led by teachers who are part of our VYP Teachers Alliance. We offer many benefits for members in good standing:
- 10% discount in the VYP store year round
- Invitations to the VYP continuing education series as well as access to past webinars
- Recognition, photo and bio in our Teachers Alliance Members Directory
- Opportunities for you and your content to be featured and promoted on the VYP website, social media, and YouTube page.
- VYP support for Mindful Resilience yoga classes
- Discount at Feathered Pipe Ranch for VYP Annual Summit
- Permission to use VYP Teachers Alliance logo on your personal website or social media
- Access to application to teach in the VYP Online Studio.
- VYP teachers alliance t-shirt
- 40% discount on up to 3 YogaUOnline regularly priced courses
"The Teachers Alliance provides a mechanism for VYP Teachers to connect to one another and share best practices for supporting recovery and resilience to veterans, their families, and their communities. Teaching for VYP is a chance for me to give back and support those who give their service to our country"
"The VYP Teachers Alliance is a catalyst for change. The resources, professional development, and opportunities have been plentiful. I am supported and prepared to teach veterans, to meet them where they are, and grow with them on the journey of Mindful Resilience"
"It is a remarkable honor to teach through the Veterans Yoga Project at the Detroit VA Hospital. In the class are veterans, doctors, medical staff, and administrators. In addition to the benefits of yoga and mindful resilience, the unique sense of community created has resulted in enhanced understanding and relationships between students. Every student has expressed their sincere gratitude for the classes: but it does not reach the gratitude I feel for teaching them"
VYP Teachers Alliance Checklist
- Have passed Veterans Yoga Project Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery Teacher Training
- Annually complete the VYP Mindful Resilience Yoga Refresher, an online 1-2 hour primer on Mindful Resilience and how to teach a trauma-sensitive MRT class, including a post-training evaluation.
- Sign VYP Conduct Agreements
- Have a valid yoga teacher training certificate (at least 200 RYT)
- Have liability insurance with VYP added under the endorsements section
Yoga Studio Partnerships
Veterans Yoga Project would be lost without it’s supporters, and that includes the many wonderful yoga studios that continue to host us. It is an honor to welcome you to our community, and there are many ways to partner with us, including:
"Veterans Yoga Project is incredible, never really done before to the degree that Dan [Libby] has manifested it. I’m so amazed that this work is happening.”